Who doesn't love cashback? At B9, we offer one of the few debit cards that gives cash back! Here's how it works:
Categories for cashback:
Fastfood (MCC 5814), Restaurants (MCC 5812), and Gas Stations (MCC 5541)
What is an MCC?
Merchant Category Codes (“MCCs”) - are four-digit numbers that a credit card issuer uses to categorize the transactions consumers complete using a particular card. Payment brands use merchant category codes to classify merchants and businesses by the type of goods or services provided in order to track and restrict transactions.
How is cashback calculated?
If cashback transaction amount is more than $300 and under $500 in calendar month, then:
- Monthly Cashback = 1%, Yearly Cashback = 1%,
If cashback transaction amount is more than $500 in calendar month, then:
- Monthly Cashback = 2%, Yearly Cashback = 2%
When is cashback paid?
Cashback will be credited in two parts:
- 1st part (Monthly cashback) will be credited up to 7th of next month
- 2nd part (Yearly cashback) will be credited up to 7th January 2023
- The maximum cashback amount per month is $100
- The maximum annual cashback is $2400
- All cashback rewards not yet awarded to the member are forfeited if the member closes their account prior the disbursement.
Below are some examples as to how it works:
Example 1. In March 2022, spent 400$ on specified categories
- Monthly cashback - 4$ given on 7th April 2022 (1% from 400$)
- Yearly cashback - 4$ given on 7th January 2023 (1% from 400$)
- Total cashback earned - 8$ (2% from 400$, 4$ monthly and 4$ yearly)
- March 2022, spent 400$, 1% cashback, Monthly cashback = 4$ (1% from 400$)
- April 2022, spent 200$, 0% cashback, Monthly cashback = 0$
- May 2022, spent 800$, 2% cashback, Monthly cashback = 16$ (2% from 800$)
- Yearly cashback paid on 7th January 2023 = 4$ + 0$ + 16$ = 20$
- Total Cashback earned = 40$ (20$ monthly and 20$ yearly)
If I report fraud on my account or my card as lost/stolen, will I be able to keep the cashback rewards that are attributed to the fraudulent activity?
- No, as part of our commitment to the security of our members, B9 will not hold you liable for any fraudulent purchases made on your account without your permission and will therefore void and cashback rewards attributed to fraudulent activity.
- Cashback rewards attributed to legitimate activity will not impacted by the fraud on the member’s account.
What happens to my cashback rewards if I return a purchase?
- In the event a purchase is returned, voided or cancelled prior to the cashback being awarded to the member, the cashback rewards attributed to the returned, voided or cancelled purchase will be voided and not deposited into the member’s account.
- In the event a purchase is returned, voided or cancelled after the cashback is awarded to the member, the cashback rewards attributed to the returned, voided or cancelled purchase will negate an equal amount of cashback rewards to be awarded to the member in subsequent months until the balance of the returned, voided or cancelled purchase cashback rewards is satisfied.